Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A walk in the park.

So today my daughter, dog and I went for a walk down to Bowness park. It was around 11am-ish. The part of the year in Calgary is very nice for fall colours and oddly warm this year. It will hit 33c later today.

The trees in the park are mostly the kind that give you a sore back from raking. However, they turn the most wonderful Yellow and Orange this time of year. It's a little early yet. But by next weekend... wow!

So, why was I in the park, other then to walk the dog and see if the daughter would fall sleep? I was scouting locations for an upcoming family portrait session. I am not sure I will use the park, but I did find some little places nobody goes that are stunning at certain times of day.

So... even if your not a pro... go scout. Learn the area and open your eyes to possible backgrounds and light patterns. And don't forget to take a plastic bag....
you never know. (dog needed it this time)

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment